Friday, January 16, 2009

Dog Grooming At Home


As I wrote about in an earlier post it is a vital first step in starting your own work from home business to sit down and think about what your unique skill set is. I have groomed dogs for more than 20 years always for other people that took a chunk of my earnings so of course dog grooming features high on my list of skills to consider working from home. I haven't had much time to post because I spent some time promoting my at home dog grooming business.You wouldn't believe how hard it was to come up with a name but I finally did-Hot Doggies it conveys everything I wanted it to. Since I had little or no money for advertising I had to come up with low-cost ways of business promotion. One very important one was business cards (very unprofessional to scratch your number on a piece of paper. I bought business card stock from Wal-Mart and headed over to Avery.com. They have a great selection of business promotion items like business cards, postcards and stationary. Best of all it's all free! You can design whatever project you want on Avery's even a monkey can do it online program and using your own printer print them out. Voila you've got free business cards for your at home business. While I was at Avery I also designed some mail-out postcards I just printed these out on some heavier than normal regular printer paper so I saved the extra expense of special post card paper. I am going to mail these out in small batches whenever I have some extra postage money. I am just using the phone book and mailing them at random. Most at home businesses would have success with this. Why buy a list of addresses when the telephone company drops a free one on your doorstep. Read up on some flyer making tips to design the perfect advertisement. I also used the same postcards for my at home grooming business and handed them door to door in neighborhoods around me. I have already gotten several calls about these. Once you've thought of your own at home business idea head over and make up your own free business cards it makes you feel so professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment